Although you might be able to avoid aggressive holiday shoppers in Black Friday shopping madness, Cyber Monday and online shopping pose serious risks and danger as well. According to comScore via ABC News, online Black Friday shopping was up 26% from the past year, with this you will see that this year especially you need to be extra cautious about who you are giving your personal information to. Here are a few tips to make your Cyber Monday and online holiday shopping a safe and successful transaction:
1. Make sure you are buying from a secure site.
2. Make sure your security software is up to date.
3. Don’t trust all the e-mails.
4. Use a different password for every site.
5. Be even more mindful when shopping on your phone or tablet.
Good luck Cyber Monday shoppers!